Thursday, June 20, 2013

Redeux!

Yesterday morning I biked to work.  Seeing a friend as I walked to the door, I stopped to chat for a few minutes.
The world suddenly went flippy, and I had to sit down for a few minutes.  As I sat, my body exploded with sweat.
When I felt better (but still a little shaky), I went up to my office.  Dropping my bag and coffee off, I went to the bathroom to splash some water on my face.  Looking in the mirror, my skin was a pasty white/green palour.  After a couple of minutes of holding cold wet paper towels to my head, I knew what was coming and not to fight it.
I sat down and passed out.  Waking a couple of minutes later I knew that I’d just had another seizure.  The first since November, the second since 2008.
I staggered back to my desk and sat for about 45 minutes while I regained enough strength to take a cab home, where I slept the day and night away.

Today I’m back to my lovely chipper self.  Just a slight hiccup in a life of hiccups…

No comments:

Post a Comment