Monday, December 9, 2013

It’s been a crazy few weeks, and I honestly haven’t had time to write. It’s unfortunate, because I think it’ll help my mood.

I’ve been really busy with work, and am pretty exhausted. It seems every Friday night I pass out on the couch at around 8 o’clock and sleep for 12 hours. Between that and Christmas parties, I haven’t had much time to be bored or depressed.
It’s hectic enough that I was at a dinner last night, and a friend asked if I’d been hit in the face. The bags under my eyes combined with the slight redness from a 4th glass of wine, and it looked like there was a bruise on my cheekbone! hahaha

I also found a winter hobby: Music! Shock and awe…. I’ve got 1 album recorded, and another 90% recorded. But I’m not particularly adept at mixing. A good song that’s mixed badly still sounds mediocre. I picked up Mixing Audio, by Roey Izhaki a few weeks ago. Each few pages is giving me an “ah-ha moment.” The kind where I want to rush down to my studio and tweak, not the kind where I want you to “Take On Me” in a half-animated world…
I'm pretty excited about my music again.

Anyway, I only had a few minutes to stop by and let you know that I’m alive. I am.

1 comment:

  1. I did a spit take at the A-Ha joke! Glad to hear you're too busy to be depressed! And you know, I'd have suggested music but I thought that would be obvious. Lol!

    ReplyDelete