Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Suspicions Confirmed

As I mentioned yesterday, I had a feeling that Jayesh Prajapati would have been expected to pay for the stolen fuel.  He died intervening when the thief drove away with fuel that would have cost him roughly 2 days pay.
The Toronto Star confirms that friends and family agreed that Mr. Prajapati was on the hook for stolen fuel.

It's the same policy as when I worked for Esso and Petro Canada:  If you can't get the license plate and file a police report, it's the attendant's responsibility.  Of course that's not an official policy, but that's the way it is for now.  With a minimum-wage job, you're never more than a paycheque away from being broke.  You have a hard time finding other "unskilled labour," and essentially have to take it on the chin.  And that's why I, like Mr. Prajapati, tried to stop the thief.  Or perhaps he was trying to get a good view of the license plate number.  Either way, he died protecting a much-needed paycheque that he had earned.  Money that was needed to support his family.

My sympathies go out to his family, and I hope this piece of shit thief/ murderer gets what's coming to him.

1 comment: