Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Pizza and Coke. No, Other Coke!

15 years ago, I worked the midnight shift at a gas station in downtown Toronto.

I spent a good chunk of my paycheque having lunch delivered from the local pizza joint. A run-down place on a quiet side-street, I never knew how they stayed in business. I found them because they were the only pizzaria open until 4am.
From this unusual schedule, I discovered that they had the best pizza in the city! An independent store, with reasonable prices and good food.

This morning, it got busted with more than $1million dollars worth of marijuana, crack, and oxycontin. No wonder the pizza was so good!!! The owner has been charged with trafficking and possession, around 15 charges in total I think.

I miss that pizzaria.

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to try their pizza recently and now I probably won't have the chance! I couldn't believe it when I read the news - that place was an institution.

    ReplyDelete