Thursday, March 15, 2012

If You Go Out On The Ice Today, You're In For A Big Surprise...

Well, it SHOULDN'T be a surprise...

Last weekend, dozens of ice-fishermen had to be rescued off Lake Simcoe. The balmy weather (that we’ve had since NOVEMBER) has created unsafe conditions, and Search & Rescue teams had to pull them off an ice floe that separated.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE???? This has been the warmest winter in recent history, and heading out onto the ice is certainly too dangerous. I find it offensive that my taxes are donated to such an important service, but then the service is used for people’s stupidity. And I hope that the SAR team that assisted didn’t have to “reprioritize” and ignore another task, in order to address these fools.

And I hope they’re all handed a bill for the costs. They don’t deserve what they got.

After writing this, it seems that for once the locals might be agreeing with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment