Saturday, August 6, 2011

Stop

I don't know if i've mentioned it, but my sailing club has extremely cheap beer.  It's actually cheaper to drink there than at home.  And since I'm at the club at least three nights a week, I'm drinking a lot.  A lot.
Last night was another drunkfest.  At around 3am, I went to the club bathroom and threw up all over the place.  For the next hour, friends force-fed me water inbetween my delving into the bathroom with a mop and bucket.  Then I got a cab home.
Once or twice a year, I get this drunk.  I embarass myself terribly, usually puke everywhere, and then decide to stop drinking until I get the volume under control. 
Then I start again, and the cycle restarts.  I drink cautiously for a couple of months.  Then I drink like a man who likes his booze.  Then I hit Hollywood-style.

I've looked it up online, and binge-drinking is definitely a form of alcoholism.  I don't need booze every day, but when I have it I have too much.  So I guess I'm an alcoholic.

And I'm about to stop.  I don't want OLK worrying about me like she has for the last few months.

1 comment:

  1. Kudos to you for realizing that you might have a problem before it's too late to do something about it. I wish you clarity and love through all of this...

    rox

    ReplyDelete