Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Evenings Past

Sorry, I’ve been busy again.

After Monday’s post, my father (who doesn’t know about this blog) phoned to apologize for his behavior on Saturday.  I’m not quite sure what he misunderstood, but apparently there was something. It might have been the first time he’s ever apologized to me for anything.  So I’m not angry with him, but still don’t know when I’ll have another chance to return to Hometown.

Last night I had planned to go sailing.  However, a friend needed some support so I tended to that instead.  It would have been a great sail, but having a couple of pints and a long chat with a good friend more than beat the boat.  He pointed out that he’d needed the company more than he had expected, so I was even more happy to help.  Then I went home and instantly fell asleep.

Tonight I’ll be sailing.  The wind looks slightly lower than awesome, but still hopefully fun.  The waves will probably be sedate.  And my team has a plan.  We will do well tonight.  We might not win, but we’ll climb out of our standard range.

No comments:

Post a Comment