Thursday, April 26, 2012

Evening Options

Last night was the Annual General Meeting at our new Co-op.

Wife and I had planned to go – part of our reason for joining a co-op was to take part in the management and get a sense of community. Last week we were given a copy of the agenda and the minutes from 2011’s meeting. We discovered that the major point of the evening would be to debate changing our cable TV subscription. Specifically whether to remove a feature which we don’t use, which would lower the monthly cost by $1 per household.

Last night was also the first night in a week that Wife and I had together. She’s been working a lot of evenings, and/or I’ve been busy with other obligations. Given that we see so little of each other, we were not about to sacrifice our time together to debate an annual savings of $12. Instead, we stayed home, ate a massive tray of nachos, watched the latest episode of MadMen and started on Alcatraz. Alcatraz has been recommended to me by a few people, but I just couldn’t get into it. I love the history of the prison, probably due to my father letting me watch “Escape From Alcatraz” every time it was on the Late Great Movies when I was a child. However the premise of the TV show, combined with the cinematography and writing, sucked. I’m not surprised it’s been cancelled after one season.

All in all, it was a good evening. A few hours curled up together on the couch was just what we needed. Sitting in uncomfortable chairs for a few hours debating savings worth less than the meeting timespan was not.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are listening to your heart. On both the working out AND skipping the Co-Op meeting. Life is too short. Enjoy and celebrate the moments.

    I get chills now that I've been to the real Alcatraz...

    ReplyDelete