Friday, May 17, 2013

Dropped The Sail For Sleep

Plans have changed.

I was to be setting sail tomorrow morning at 9am.
That would have meant ditching “date night” with Wife to stock up on food and booze, pack, and prepare anything else required while I’m out of contact for 3 days.  Too much too soon.

Without any downtime since last summer/fall, I’m exhausted.  Last night I actually slept for 8 hours without waking up at all during the night.  I don’t remember the last time that happened, but it’s probably an annual experience at best.
I can’t deal with 3 days in nonstop close contact with my friends and also prepare for the trek.  So I’ve backed out.

Instead I’ll relax at home, head to a pub for a friend’s birthday, have a Victoria Day/ birthday barbecue, and generally live the life of the unemployed for 9 days (but with cash).

I’ve got mixed feelings about skipping the sail, but I think I’ve just bitten off more than I can chew.  Gotta drop what I can to recover from a long, stressful slog through winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment