Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Recovery

What can I say, Spring is FINALLY here!

Yesterday I rode over a screw, popping the front tire on my bike.  I had to cancel my evening plans, as I wouldn’t have time to get the bike back home, replace the tire, and ride down to my seminar.

Wife knew that I’d had a rough day (lots of crap at work too), so when I got home there were a few cans of beer in the fridge.  She'd gone out, but made sure to take care of me before rushing to her rehearsal.

I grabbed a can, a couple of wrenches, and a new inner tube and headed out to the porch to fix the bike.  It was a quick fix, so I ran back in to get a second can and a cigar.  Then I sat outside with the neighbours for a while, smoking, drinking, and enjoying the sunshine.

A good recovery from a frustrating day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment