Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Shock And Horror

I’ve spent a couple of days reading the news about the kidnappers in Cleveland Ohio, and the 3 women they kept for over a decade.

I really just can’t comprehend the brutality of these guys, or living through what the women endured.  I actually feel a similar “stun” to what I did on September 11, 2001.
What would my reaction be if either side was part of my family?
What would my reaction be if either side were friends of mine?
What would my reaction be if either side were friends of neighbours?

There’s a mental block, I just can’t imagine.
I think that if I was one of the victims, I’d rather die than live through a decade of that.  How are they going to recover emotionally?

My sympathies go out to these poor girls, and I really hope that they exceed my expectations.

Unfortunately, this incomprehensible evil seems to be happening more and more often.  Prevention and punishment both need to be addressed, but damned if I know how…

No comments:

Post a Comment