Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pulling A Sickie

It’s Monday.  No, it’s Wednesday.  I’ve been off sick from work for 2 days.

Monday morning I woke up late and had a leisurely breakfast of coffee and toast.  Then I went down to the studio and wrote another song.  Outside having a beer and cigar in the sunshine, I finished the lyrics to another song I’ve been working on.  After a quick trip to the grocery store, I spent the evening reading, watching Breaking Bad, and eating pizza.

Tuesday morning I woke up late and had a leisurely breakfast of coffee and a muffin.  Then I went to the pet store to buy some cat-pee-remover-from-carpet stuff.  Back outside for a beer and cigar in the sunshine, with a sailing magazine.  Heading back inside to read, I finished reading The Diary Of Anne Frank.  The diary itself isn’t really anything special, but gets heartbreaking as you read how close to Holland the Allied forces were when she was suddenly discovered, sent to the concentration camps, and killed.  Then I went out and had a great time sailing.

It’s been a solid 4-day weekend, but there must be some sort of karma at work.  For the last 3 nights I’ve been having bad dreams about work.  Not nightmares, just annoyances happening in my “dream” workplace.

2 comments:

  1. You sound like you're at death's door!
    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yeah. It's rough. Wish i could stay that sick forever. Well, with the income still in-coming...

    ReplyDelete