Friday, July 13, 2012

TalentWife

Last night I took a couple of friends to see Wife’s play.  She’s directing and producing a play she co-wrote, in this year’s Fringe Festival.
I arrived early at the theatre and bought 3 tickets.  Unfortunately one friend was 2 minutes late, and they wouldn’t let her in.  It’s understandable – the doors are right in front of the stage, so anyone entering or leaving disrupts the show.
Right before the start, an MC told the audience that one of the actors was sick and the role would be filled by Wife.  That was a huge surprise, but a good one.  The role is one of the more dominant ones, and was originally written with Wife in mind.  Apparently she only got the “I’m sick” call 25 minutes before showtime, and had to rush to prepare.  I’m surprised she had time to get nervous, but apparently she did.
Anyway, the show started and shortly afterwards Wife entered the stage.  She totally OWNED the play.  Partially because the role was one that anchored (overpowered?) the rest of the cast, and partially because she’s just so talented.  I’ve seen her countless times before, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen her shine so bright.

I’m a VERY proud husband, and more convinced than ever that she’ll build a career as a stage actress.




edit:  And did I mention - she made all those costumes by hand!

1 comment:

  1. She's a catch, that one! I'm so glad you two found each other in this life. It was meant to be!

    ReplyDelete