Friday, July 20, 2012

Taxi vs Dickey vs 911

Sorry, I didn’t get a chance to blog yesterday.  I was tired from being up late Wednesday night thanks to the Toronto Police Services.

Taxis in Toronto have a little yellow light on the back, next to a sticker that says "Call 911 if this is flashing."  It's a discreet panic button for when they get robbed or assaulted.
I was biking home last night, and a taxi went through an intersection with its light flashing.  So I called 911, saying "a taxi just went past me going east on Queen St with its "panic light" flashing.  I saw it at Queen & Sherbourne streets, and it's probably at Parliament St by now.  It's a red/yellow taxi, Co-op I believe, plate number ****."  I gave a few more details, the 911 operator took my information, thanked me, and I rode home.

Just when I was getting home, the police called me back.  Apparently the driver denied having the light flashing, and the cops hounded me, insuating that I’d made a false 911 call!  They kept me on the line for a long time arguing, and I didn't get to bed until around 1:30 because of it. 

How annoying is that?  You try to help, and get more trouble!  It's even worse than when I gave that abused topless girl my t-shirt a few weeks ago, and my friend went to the police. 

Why do I bother?


1 comment:

  1. And they wonder why people turn a blind eye! Fuck, the world is mental.

    ReplyDelete