Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Landsick

I spent the long weekend on a 27' Newport sailboat and had an absolutely fantastic weekend. 
The days were spent sailing from one destination to the next, drinks once reaching port, delicious dinner for all 12 of us, and more drinks to follow.
Up the next morning for a big breakfast, and heading back out on the water.

I got back yesterday evening, and even this morning I'm still landsick.  The world still feels like it's slowly rocking.  I'm probably walking like Cpt. Jack Sparrow!  And quite happy.



2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Landsick. Is it just a fancy term for hangover? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, i think it's what causes people to think sailors are drunk. You get so used to compensating for the waves and moving deck that you get on land and stagger, expecting the ground to keep moving like the boat did.

    ReplyDelete