Friday, May 18, 2012

Dickey's Out Of Office Message

Today is my last workday until May 28.
Since February, my life has been a whirlwind.  I had 2 fantastic weeks sailing in the Virgin Islands.  3 days after returning, my mother passed away.  The day after her funeral I had to start rehearsing for a handful of St. Patrick’s Day shows.  The day after St. Patrick’s Day I had to start moving to our new house.  Things have been steamrolling and steamrolling, and next week was the first block of time available for vacation.
I’m going sailing for the weekend, and after that plan on finishing our basement while drinking lots of beer and smoking lots of cigars.  Basically just enjoying myself.

And today, I’m so burned out that enduring the next 6 hours is all I can think about.


I don’t know if I’ll be blogging next week, we’ll just have to see how it goes.  Have a great long weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Just got caught up on your last few entries. Man, life gets in the way sometimes eh?

    I hope your friend is doing okay after his biopsy. Elective surgery, you say? Wow. I wonder what it's classified as here? I shudder to think.

    I hope you have a great week off...enjoy yourself but relax a bit too.

    ReplyDelete